At JiveFusion Technologies Inc. (“JiveFusion”), we recognize that our customers value their right to privacy and want to be assured that any personal information that they provide to us will be used in accordance with their wishes. We are dedicated to maintaining your privacy and confidentiality and this policy has been designed to that effect. As this policy may change from time to time, you may wish to read it every so often.
What information do we collect?
JiveFusion may collect personal data from you relating to your identity and product needs. We will endeavour only to collect such information as is necessary for the stated purpose for which it is collected. For example, if you purchase a JiveFusion product, we will require your name and address for shipping and invoicing purposes. Wherever possible, we will clearly outline the information we wish to collect and how we plan to use it. At all times, you will be given the option to decline providing the requested information.
There are a number of different ways that we may collect personal information from you:
- Communications from you - you may email or write us providing your name and contact details and, possibly, other personal information
- Customer Support - you may phone or email us to obtain technical assistance for our products or to request product information
- Email/Direct mail campaigns - from time to time, we may contact you directly by mail, email or telephone informing you about upgrades, new products, promotions or special offers that you may be interested in
- Newsletters - we may send out newsletters with articles and information which we believe may be of interest to you
- Product registration - in order to register a purchased product and to activate support for this product, you will be asked to provide relevant contact information required to record ownership of the product
- Purchases - we will require contact information to complete a purchase, namely for invoicing and shipping purposes
- Résumés - you may submit your résumé in response to a job opportunity which may be posted on our website
- Surveys - from time to time, we may conduct surveys to obtain information with respect to the quality of our products and services (participation is, of course, entirely optional)
- Aggregate Information - whenever you enter our website, our web server might collect and aggregate information about your visit. This information might include URLs or domains of referring websites, browser type, operating system, the pages that you access and the date and time of your visit. In general this aggregate information will not identify you personally. If we do correlate such information to you, we will treat it in accordance with this policy.
Use of Personal Information
Our objective is to inform you before or at the time of collection as to the information we are collecting and the purposes for which we wish to use such information. We will seek your clear consent to your information being used for the stated purposes and will only collect such information as is reasonably necessary to achieve those purposes. If you choose not to provide required information, JiveFusion may not be able to comply with your request or provide certain services.
- Product Registration - information you provide upon registration will be used to keep a record of your product and will assist in providing assistance if you contact our customer support service. We will also use this information to inform you of any upgrades, new products or promotions that may be of interest to you.
- Product Purchase - we will use your information to process payment and ship the purchase product to you.
- Feedback - it is important for us to receive product and service feedback from our customers. We will contact you to ask you about our products and also to inform you of upgrades, promotions and new products that you may be interested in.
- Internal Analysis - we may use the information you provide us for analysis purposes, to evaluate and profile customers, including customer preferences and purchasing trends, which we may then use to drive our development and marketing efforts.
- Updating information - we may contact you to ensure that the information we have in our records is still correct and to complete your profile.
Third Party Policy
JiveFusion Technologies Inc. will not sell any of the information gathered to third parties. We may share the information you have provided us with subsidiaries and affiliated companies of JiveFusion Technologies Inc. Such affiliated companies will also comply with the terms of this policy. We may provide to third parties information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Site. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Site or the demographic breakdown of our registered users of the Site. The third parties to which we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising products or services (including vendors and web site tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Our objective is to inform you before or at the time of collection as to the information we are collecting and the purposes for which we wish to use such information. You will, however, always be given the option to opt-out and not provide this information. You may continue to navigate our site freely, although some services may not be available to you.
Deletion and Correction of Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we receive from you is accurate and kept up to date. You have the right to access your information to verify the information that we have collected in respect of you. You also have the right to request that your information be modified or deleted, including any changes to any consent that you may have given in respect of us contacting you relating to information that you receive from us. You may also ask at any time that your preferences as to the type of communications that you receive from us are modified in order to stop receiving them or to be added to our mailing list. We will endeavour to deal with all such requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will not be able to comply with requests in respect of information that we may have archived as part our business operations.
Links with other sites
We may make use of "cookies" on our website. A cookie is a small text file that can be placed and stored on your computer's hard disc when you visit a website for record keeping purposes. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user's computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the Web site that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored on the host server. Therefore, cookies only identify the user's computer to the Web site which may correlate other information, including personally identifying information, with the cookie.
Public forums, newsgroups and chat rooms
Our website may have chat rooms, newsgroups, or other forums which permit individuals to interact online. Any information you transmit online in such forums will be made public and JiveFusion Technologies Inc. cannot control nor is it responsible for the use any third parties may make of such information.
Retention and Storage of Information
We will retain your information for a reasonable time to permit us to use it for the purposes that we have communicated to you. When information is no longer required, we will ensure that all such data is removed from our database.
We may use the services of third party companies to physically collect and store your information on our behalf. Any such companies will have to comply with the terms of this policy.
The information that is collected by JiveFusion Technologies Inc. is considered to be an asset. In the event that JiveFusion Technologies Inc., any affiliated company, division or portions of its assets are acquired by another company, such information may be one of the transferred assets. We will take reasonable steps to place a notification of such a transfer on our website.
Acceptance of Terms
By using our services, accessing our website or purchasing our products you are consenting to the practices relating to information collection and use that are described in this policy.
Any requests for access to your